Every parent with a PlayStation-loving kid (or every kid with a game-loving parent) knows the agony of trying to get their hands on a PS5. It’s been months since the console was released, but it’s still almost impossible to find them in stock.
For weeks now, players have been hitting refresh on their browsers and watching restock Twitter threads, trying to keep up with where consoles are being put up for sale. With supply so low and demand so high, it can feel like chasing a unicorn especially since Sony has yet to announce any kind of big restock drop.
If you’re one of the many still hunting for your console, don’t worry we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll cover all the latest news about PS5 restocking, along with tips and tricks for how you can increase your chances of getting one when they come up again. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Overview of the PS5 Restock Situation:
If you’re hunting for a PlayStation 5, you know how scarce the console has been since its launch. With all the demand, it’s been difficult to get your hands on one but you don’t have to give up hope yet! While the PS5 Restock situation is far from perfect, here’s what you need to know to increase your chances of snagging one.
The first thing to be aware of is the timing: PS5 restocking tends to happen in waves, with some retailers getting more stock than others. You may even see larger restocks over the weekends. That means that if one store doesn’t have any in stock now, it might be worth checking again in a couple of days.
Another thing? Expect competition. Due to limited quantities, PS5s will usually sell out quickly. To ensure you catch the wave at its peak and have the best chance for a successful purchase, make sure you stay up to date on all the latest news and information about upcoming restocks and plan ahead for when those restocks roll in!
Tips to Snag a PS5 Console Quickly:
If you’re on the hunt for a PS5, then you know how difficult the search can be! You’ll have to be ready to pounce when the Ps5 restock news arrives so that you can be one of the lucky few that get their hands on one. Here are a few tips to help you stay ahead of the game:
- Be prepared: Set reminders, bookmark helpful websites, and follow restock accounts online. Know when it’s likely to come in stock so that you can act quickly.
- Use multiple channels: Don’t put all your eggs in one basket check all possible resellers and outlets for updates. And always have a backup plan ready in case your first option doesn’t pan out.
- Don’t give up: PS5s come and go quickly, so be persistent but also know when it’s time to move on. Patience is key in this situation!
Following these steps may not guarantee success, but they will definitely increase your chances of finally scoring a console before anyone else!
Finding a PS5 on Retail Sites:
It can be tough searching online to find a PS5 in stock. For one thing, they get snapped up quickly and the sites may not get updated right away. But if you act fast, you may have luck finding a PS5 on a retailer site.
Here are some tips to help you find a PS5:
- Set up alerts with retailers so that you’ll get an email or text when the console is back in stock.
- Create an account on the retailer’s site, so that the checkout process is faster when you do find a console.
- Check multiple sites rather than just one this will give you more options and improve your chances of success
- Use your web browser’s incognito mode to avoid tech-savvy bots from accessing and buying out the inventory first.
- Don’t forget about brick-and-mortar stores; many carry hard-to-find items like the PS5, so check around your area too!
It’s okay if you weren’t one of the lucky ones to snag a PS5 during restocks. You still have a chance to get your hands on the console before everyone else pre-ordering opportunities.
Pre-ordering allows you to reserve your PS5 with a retailer before it’s actually released and shipped. Depending on the retailer, they might only require a small deposit which can be refunded if you need to cancel at any point during the pre-order process.
If you’re looking for a pre-order opportunity, here’s what you should watch out for:
- With new releases like this, the stock tends to run out fast, so keep an eye on availability in stores and online.
- Big box retailers such as Target, Walmart & BestBuy typically offer pre-orders with not just the console but also bundles and accessories
- Check out the product page of each retailer and watch out for any pre-order announcements they may release on social media platforms like Twitter or Facebook.
- Home shopping networks such as QVC also tend to have PS5 consoles available through their websites or TV channels–keep your eyes peeled!
When done right, pre-ordering is a great way to ensure that your PS5 arrives right when it’s released. So make sure you stay up-to-date on where to buy and when so that you don’t miss out!
Updates From Major Retailers:
If you’re on the hunt for a PlayStation 5, you’ll want to stay on top of the latest restock updates from all the major retailers. Here’s what we know so far:
Best Buy is currently showing some PS5 consoles available online, but in limited quantity. You’ll want to check your local stores frequently as they tend to get restocks often.
Walmart’s last restock was in mid-April, but they are expected to have more PS5 units sometime soon. Monitor their website and store locations for news of upcoming restocks.
Amazon’s PS5 restock frequency varies from week to week, however, it is currently sold out and not expected to be back in stock for some time. Check back often for updates.
GameStop has had limited availability of PS5s since March 2021, but new stock drops usually come with little warning and sell out quickly. To increase your chances of success, keep an eye on their website and subscribe to email alerts so that you don’t miss any drops.
Options for Buying a Second-Hand Console:
If you have no luck with finding a new console, there are still ways to get that sweet PS5 goodness. You could check if there are any second-hand consoles available, but bear in mind that these may be more expensive than the normal RRP.
Here’re some tips for buying a second-hand console:
- Do your research before you buy – read customer reviews and check out the seller’s rating, if they have one.
- Ensure you get access to some form of warranty, even if it’s only basic, so you’re covered if something goes wrong.
- If possible, try and buy from a trusted reseller with a physical store you can visit should things go wrong with your purchase.
- Don’t forget to factor in any extra costs – shipping fees, taxes, or import charges that might be included depending on where you buy from can all add up so be sure to consider all the costs before making your purchase decision!
- Make sure to inspect the device carefully and test it out once it arrives – make sure everything is in order and functioning correctly before handing over your hard-earned cash!
Buying second-hand may not get you the exact model that you want but it could be an option if you’re getting desperate!
Despite the scarcity of the PS5, it is far from impossible to find one. With a little patience, savvy, and luck, it just might be possible to get your hands on one of these console gems. Knowing the latest restock news can help make the hunt a little easier.
Retailers have been getting restocks at random times and in limited batches, but they give eager gamers a chance to grab one if they’re ready. Be sure to keep an eye on the latest restock news and prepare for a future PS5 purchase. Who knows, you just might be lucky enough to score one before the year’s end.
Remember that the demand for the PS5 is still high, so it may take some time and effort to secure one. Good luck with your search!
Visit for more best articles