Have you ever thought about what it’s like to study Indian Student at Oxford University, which has produced some of the world’s most illustrious thinkers and intellectuals?
There is a lot to consider before enrolling at the University of Oxford, which is now ranked number two globally. Founded over a thousand years ago, it has trained 27 British prime leaders, 29 Nobel laureates, and several heads of state and government from throughout the world, with its alumni winning a total of 160 Olympic medals.
Table of Contents
How to get into Oxford University as an Indian student:
Furthermore, understanding a tough application and selection process might be difficult. In this article, we’ll look at how to get into Oxford University as an Indian student:
The first step in learning how to get into Oxford University from India is understanding the qualifying requirements. For Indian students interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree at Oxford University, the following prerequisites must be met:
- You must have a minimum of 90% marks in each of the five subjects in a 10+2 basic qualification from a recognized academic institution.
- A score of 7.0 or above in IELTS or 100 or above in TOEFL is required, indicating your command of the English language.
- If you want to pursue a bachelor’s degree, your outstanding ACT (32 or above) or SAT (1470 or above) exam results will be crucial.
- Letters of Recommendation (LOR) and Statement of Purpose (SOP) in the approved format are required and reviewed during the application process.
The Admission Process
Creating an account, filling out the course application taking admissions tests, providing references and eligibility documents and more are all part of the Oxford application process. This phase is crucial to understand when going for overseas education from India. Here are the main steps to applying to Oxford University to assist you further:
1. Select the Right Course.
Explore Oxford University’s website to discover a course in your topic of interest. You should be aware of each course’s qualifying requirements, curriculum, and application date, which will vary depending on the course.
2. Entrance Requirements and Tests
Before moving forward with your application, Oxford University checks your expertise in the topic of interest. Written tests will be administered to assess your knowledge of the subject of interest.
3. Choose a College or Submit an Open Application.
There are over 30 colleges affiliated with Oxford University, so once you’ve decided on a subject and its entrance requirements, you can focus on finding the best college for you. If you’re still undecided, submit an open application, and the university will select the best institution for you based on your interests.
4. Complete the UCAS Application Form.
Once you’ve decided on your desired degree and college, go to the University & Colleges Admission Services (UCAS) webpage to complete the UCAS application.
5. Call for An Interview.
Wait for a callback for an interview after you’ve submitted your application. The deadline for most applications is in October each year, so you will most likely be contacted in December if you are shortlisted.
6. Final Offer Letter
If you are determined to be the conventional match for the course by the interviewing officials, you will be offered a place to study at Oxford University in the college of your choice, or if you have filled out an open application, the university will identify the perfect college for you.
Preparation Tips by the Best Study Abroad Consultant – UniVisory
Univision is a group of study abroad consultants who are at every step with the students for the utmost success from freshman year through college acceptance. So, here they bring you the tips and methods that may be used to build a successful application to Oxford University:
Begin your application process as soon as possible:
- Although application deadlines vary by program, the ultimate UCAS application deadline is always October. Begin as soon as possible because you will need to create essays, collect reference letters, and a variety of other paperwork.
Strengthen your thought process by doing the following:
- Start preparing yourself to comprehend why you want to study at Oxford University once you have all of the answers on acquiring admission to Oxford University for Indian students. Conduct thorough research organised your thoughts and base your responses on strengths related to your chosen course and subject of interest.
Watch Online Mock Interviews:
- Make your pointers by watching mock interview videos of the students aiming to enroll at Oxford University.
Oxford places the most emphasis on academic achievement. The typical conditional offer for Oxford is between A*A*A and AAA (depending on the subject). Exam results, however, are only one piece of the puzzle in determining your academic competence and potential, so even the highest marks won’t guarantee you a spot. Extracurricular activities are vital, especially if they help you show that you match the course’s selection criteria.
You should now have a thorough idea of how to get into Oxford University as an Indian student. You can crack the code and get into Oxford if you have a strong passion for your topic of study, dedication, and a strong educational background.
Visit for more best articles