Planting your favorite flower plants is fun, but have you ever thought of planting cannabis at home? Yes, you heard it right. Nowadays, planting has become a favorite pastime, especially after the pandemic hit. You can surely grow cannabis at home and enjoy your joint in peace.
Cannabis is a plant-derived from Cannabis sativa and used as a recreational and medicinal drug. There are many ways of using it, which include:
- Brewing(Like Tea)
- Consuming It In The Form Of Edibles, Such As Brownies Or Candies
- Eating It Raw
- Applying It As A Topical Treatment
- Taking It As Capsules Or Supplements
Can You Grow Cannabis At Home?
Starting from October 1, 2021, the law allows people who are 18 years and above to cannabis plants at home. The capacity to grow is 12 total plants per household. The law states that:
- Plants must be kept in an enclosed, locked area that can’t be viewed openly.
- In homes with residents under 21, any cannabis grows area must be enclosed and locked in a separate space that minors can’t access.
- Extra precautions must be taken at homes without residents under 21 to ensure any visiting kids don’t have access to cannabis plants.
- Homegrown cannabis or cannabis products can’t be sold to anyone.
- Only licensed cannabis businesses can sell cannabis products.
Be informed about the laws in your state before starting the plantation. Some states prohibit growing cannabis, while some permit growing cannabis and its by-products at the house for people over age 21; it’s only up to a certain number of plants.
What To Keep In Mind While Growing Cannabis At Home:
- To prevent the growth of mold, always keep an eye on the walls where you plant cannabis.
- Ventilation and sufficient growing space must be given to the plant to grow well and get rid of extra heat and moisture.
- Always keep the pesticides or fertilizers in locked cabinets that are out of reach from children.
- Always use protective equipment while handling pesticides.
- If you want to use carbon dioxide generators, use the one that is safe for indoor uses.
- A licensed electrician must be employed to fix all the lights and other equipment to prevent any fire hazards.
- Do not let the chemicals in another part of your house. In order to prevent that, always change your clothes and shoes when you are leaving the planting area.
- You can properly throw fertilizers, pesticides, solvents, and mercury-containing lighting; throw them in a household hazardous waste collection facility.
Female cannabis plants yield plump flowers that contain psychoactive compounds like tetrahydrocannabinol. Male plants cultivate much smaller flowers. Buy seed from seed banks, dispensaries, as well as at nurseries, after checking for feminized labels to get bigger flowers. Some international seed banks that ship worldwide discreetly:
- Mountain Top Seed Bank
- Little Goa
- Attitude Seeds
- Choice Cannabis Seeds
- Nirvana Seeds
- Mandala Seeds
Grow each plant at a distance of one foot for every gallon of soil. Being a beginner, you can start with growing three plants in five-gallon pots. Thus if one dies, you still have two plants to work on.
You are preparing your indoor cannabis to grow.
- Choose the space where you want to keep the plant and sapling for growing, cultivation, and harvesting.
- Buy a tent depending on your room size.
- Keep everything clean and nicely spaced.
- Get an LED light and either fix it yourself or by an expert.
- The tent must stay below 85 degrees with the light on. Make sure to leave the tent open and use fans to direct cool air in and hot air out.
- You can even use a thermometer to maintain the temperature of the tent.
- Once the entire setup is done, it’s time to germinate the seeds in the pot.
For germination, you’ll need:
- Jug Of Purified Or Bottled Water
- Paper Towels
Steps for germination:
- Fold the paper towel and place one neatly onto the plate.
- Add some water to moisten the towel.
- Take the seed and place them on a wet towel, leaving an inch or so of space between them.
- Place another towel on it to cover the seeds and add sufficient water to keep everything moistened.
- No free-standing after must be kept in this hood.
- Place the plate in a warm area like a cupboard.
- Leave the seeds for 24 to 120 hours
- Once the seeds have popped, they are ready for planting.
- Make holes in the bottom of the moistened soil of your pot.
- Place your seeds, and cover them loosely with soil.
- Create a terrarium with plastic wrap and elastic bands.
- Put them all under a light.
- Make sure the seedlings are kept warm.
- Your seeds are ready to grow in a plant.
- Within 7 to 10 days, transplant them into a medium pot where they can practice the watering cycle.
- Put the plants under the main LED or HID lights: 400, 600, 750, or 1000 watts, and start watering them.
- The best way to water the cannabis plant is to moisture the roots and keep them wet.
- Input pH should be between 5.8 and 6.2 to maintain a run-off pH between 6.2 and 6.5.
- To determine the overall yield of the plant, switch the light cycle to 12/12 and adjust the feeding/watering schedule accordingly.
Cannabis can provide excellent health benefits, from managing chronic pain to nausea to vomiting. And what’s better than growing your own cannabis plant at home and having the supply of a lifetime. Consuming homegrown cannabis may provide you several physical and mental benefits, ranging from helping with depression and stress to easing joint pain and muscle tension.
Visit for more best articles